Thursday, October 17, 2013

REVIEW: Tangled Tides

Tangled Tides (The Sea Monster Memoirs, #1)Title: Tangled Tides (The Sea Monsters Memoirs #1)
Author: Karen Amanda Hooper
Editorial: Rhemalda Publishing
Synopsis: Yara Jones doesn't believe in sea monsters-until she becomes one. When a hurricane hits her island home and she wakes up with fins, Yara finds herself tangled up in an underwater world of mysterious merfolk and secretive selkies. Both sides believe Yara can save them by fulfilling a broken promise and opening the sealed gateway to their realm, but they are battling over how it should be done. The selkies want to take her life. The merfolk want something far more precious.
Treygan, the stormy-eyed merman who turned Yara mer, will stop at nothing and sacrifice everything to protect his people-until he falls for Yara. The tides turn as Yara fights to save herself, hundreds of sea creatures, and the merman who has her heart. She could lose her soul in the process-or she might open the gateway to a love that's deeper than the oceans.

My review:
I get this book through Netgalley and I was eager to read it because I loved Grasping at Eternity. I was sure I was going to love it, but I ended up liking it.
The beginning was really messy, I didn´t know what I was reading, I was completely lost. I didn´t know who where the good or the bad guys, and I didn´t like Yara. But Treygan appeared and the whole story experimented a 360 º turn and the pieces of the plot started to fit. I loved Treygan, his courage, believes and his way of loving Yara.
This book ended up really good and I didn´t expect another book to come out. But I´d love to read more about Treygan.


Título: Tangled Tides (The Sea Monsters Memoirs #1)
Autor: Karen Amanda Hooper
Editorial: Rhemalda Publishing
Sinopsis: Yara Jones no cree en monstruos marinos, hasta que se convierte en uno. Cuando un huracán golpea a su isla natal y se despierta con aletas, Yara se encuentra a sí misma enredada en un mundo submarino lleno de  misteriosos y secretos tritones y selkies. Ambas partes creen que Yara puede salvarlos mediante el cumplimiento de una promesa rota y la apertura de la puerta de entrada sellada a su reino, pero ellos están luchando sobre cómo debe hacerse. Los selkies quieren quitarle la vida. Los tritones quieren algo mucho más precioso.
Treygan, el tritón con los ojos del color de la tormenta que resultó ser el que convirtió a Yara en sirena, no se detendrá ante nada y sacrificará todo para proteger a su pueblo, hasta que se enamora de Yara. Las mareas se vuelven mientras Yara lucha para salvarse a sí misma, a cientos de criaturas marinas, y al tritón que tiene su corazón. Ella podría perder su alma en el proceso-o ella podría abrir la puerta a un amor que es más profundo que los océanos.

Mi reseña:
Conseguí este libro a través de Netgalley y  estaba ansiosa por leerlo porque me encantó Grasping at Eternity. Estaba segura de que me iba a encantar, pero terminó gustandome.
El comienzo fue muy complicado, yo no sabía muy bien lo que estaba leyendo, estaba completamente perdida. No sabía quién eran los buenos y quién los malos, y no me gustó Yara. Pero Treygan apareció y toda la historia experimentó un giro de 360 ​​º grados  y las piezas de la trama comenzaron a encajar. Me encantó Treygan, su coraje, creencias y su modo de amar a Yara.

Este libro terminó muy bien y no me esperaba que hubiera otra continuación. Pero me encantaría leer más sobre Treygan.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...