Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Top Ten Book Turn-Offs

 In Requiem by Lauren Oliver for me it was quite a bit of a turn-off the constant narrator change between Lena and Hana. People I've talked to preferred Lena's bits, I actually enjoyed Hana's story more, am I the only one? :)


En Requiem de Lauren Oliver no me gustó del todo el continuo cambio de narrador entre Lena y Hana. La gente con la que he hablado prefieren las partes de Lena pero a mí me gustó más la historia de Hana, ¿soy la única? :)


Forgotten by Cat Patrick. The turn-off in this book? No doubt, the end. No spoilers here, I won't say how it ends, I'll just say that for such an original idea, the end is a bit sudden and probably too open for me.


Forgotten de Cat Patrick. ¿Lo peor de este libro? Sin duda, el final. No haré spoilers, no voy a decir cómo acaba, solo que para una idea tan original, creo que el final del libro es demasiado repentino y abierto.

 Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (DO NOT GO ON READING IF YOU HAVEN'T READ IT YET. SPOILER ALERT!!). This is actually the worst book in the trilogy in my opinion, I could spot many turn-offs; I wasn't happy with the end at all, I found the epilogue kind of unnecessary but mostly one specific death was THE turn-off for me: Finnick's. Can't find a character that deserved that fate less than him. Sniff sniff :(

Sinsajo de Suzanne Collins (NO SIGÁIS LEYENDO SI NO HABÉIS LEÍDO EL LIBRO. ALERTA SPOILERS!!). Es en verdad el peor libro de la trilogía en mi opinión, podría nombrar varios chascos que me llevé leyendo; no me gustó el final para nada, el epílogo sobraba, pero sobre todo para mí el mayor chasco fue una muerte en concreto: Finnick. No se me ocurre un personaje que mereciera ese destino menos que él. Sniff Sniff :(

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. It is very hard for me to include this book in a Top Ten Book Turn-Offs list because I loved it so much but, as much as I love a realistic story about life, this one is just too sad for me (probably a personal thing).


La Última Canción de Nicholas Sparks. Me es muy difícil incluir este libro en un Top Ten Book Turn-Offs porque me gustó muchísimo pero con todo lo que me gusta una historia real sobre la vida, esta es simplemente demasiado triste para mí (puede que sea algo personal).



New Moon by Stephenie Meyer. Not a big fan of the Twilight saga here but I actually enjoyed the first book. I tried to go on with the books and actually couldn't when I started New Moon. Edward's leaving was such a turn-off, it might not be a great argument but I like that vampire stories have vampires on them, you know xD.

Luna Nueva de Stephenie Meyer. No soy una gran fan de la saga Crepúsculo pero me gustó el primer libro. Intenté seguir con ellos pero no lo conseguí al empezar Luna Nueva. La ausencia de Edward fue un gran chasco, igual no es un buen argumento pero me gustan las historias de vampiros en las que salen vampiros, ya me entendéis xD.



Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. Lauren Oliver again, nothing personal with her, she's a great author, just the whole teacher-student thing was not the nicest thing to read.


Si no despierto de Lauren Oliver. Lauren Oliver otra vez, no es nada peronal, es una gran escritora, pero la trama profesor-alumna no fue muy agradable de leer.




Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J. K. Rowling. It is the book I least enjoyed in the saga; I personally found Harry's attitude a bit of  turn-off: too resentful, bitter and hostile. Not my favorite side of Harry.


Harry Potter y la Órden del Fénix de J. K. Rowling. Es el libro que menos disfruté de la saga; personalmente no me gusta la actitud de Harry en este libro: resentido, distante, hostil. No es la mejor cara de Harry.


Gone by Michael Grant. I understand that in a six-book saga you have to leave some room for character's development, but thirteen and fourteen year-olds acting as firemen and doctors just doesn't sound very believable, sorry. Cool story though.


Olvidados de Michael Grant. Entiendo que en un saga de seis libros hay que dejar un margen para que los personajes crezcan, pero chicos de trece y catorce años actuando como bomberos y médicos no suena muy creíble, lo siento. Buena historia, sin embargo.


City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. I have only read until the second book through The Mortal Instruments saga so I still don't know how this turns out, but being told that Clary and Jace are brothers after a kind of 'romance' is definetly a turn-off in the first book.


Ciudad de Hueso de Cassandra Clare. Solo he leído hasta el segundo libro de Cazadores de Sombras así que aun no sé como termina esta historia, pero que te digan que Clary y Jace son hermanos después de su 'romance' es definitivamente un chasco en el primer libro.


The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks. Instant turn-off every time Keith Clayton shows up. I know there is meant to be some 'bad guy' but this character is really, really easy to hate. Maybe I'm overreacting, I don't know I just found him a horrible person.


Cuando te encuentre de Nicholas Sparks. Bajón instantáneo cada vez que aparece Keith Clayton. Ya sé que tiene que haber alguien 'malo' en el libro, pero este personaje es demasiado fácil de odiar. Puede que exagere, no sé, pero a mí me pareció una persona horrible.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...