Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Top Ten All Time Favorite Fantasy Books

This week Top Ten Tuesday features our favorite books 0in X gender, which I decided to be fantasy!



Broken Aro by Jen Wylie: I am in love with the Broken Aro series and in general with any of Jen´s books, from her short stories like Jump till her latest novel Tales of Ever. Her books are pure magic! They are wonderfully written, have amazing characters, catching narration and lots and lots of fantasy! I really recommend her books to everybody, they are so good!!!

Avery by Charlotte McConaghy: this book is pure power, it has so many feelings! The story is set in disturbingly amazing fantasy world with really complicated characters that will make you swoon over and over again. I love this book so much that when I finished reading it all I could do was hug my Kindle and weep my happy tears away.

Memorias de Idhún by Laura Gallego: This series were my first fantasy/ romance read back when I was starting High School and I loved every minute of it. I kind fangirl enough because unfortunately this series haven´t been translated to English, which is a great loss for all the English speakers readers because Memorias de Idhún are one of my favorite books and I would love people to read such a wonderful story.



Oracle of Philadelphia by Elizabeth Corrigan: I finished reading this book yesterday and I´m already in love with it. I´ve always loved angel/demons stories and there has been quite a long time since I had enjoyed this kind of book that much. It has some really amazing characters ( I have a soft spot for Bedlam) and all the retelling of old myths and stories is just brilliant!

The Kindrily series by Karen A. Hooper: These books are so good!! The Kindrily series are so full of love, hope and good vibes that you can get high in happiness just by reading them. The characters are simply wonderful and the story line is so complex and absolutely addicting that it is impossible walk away untouched by its magic.

Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge: I am sucker for fairy tales retellings (E.g: Completely and absolutely obsessed with Once Upon a Time) and if you add mythology, wicked characters and catching narrative I am done for. Cruel Beauty is kind of a OUAT in one book happening to just a pair of characters. This book is addiction in its purest form.




Silent Echo by Elisa Freilich:  This book is perfect for all the mythology lovers, a retelling of the Odyssey in a contemporary world. It has some of the most addictive characteristics to create an unforgettable story: easy writing style, a love triangle, plot twists , original characters and mythology.

Redemption by C. J. Barry: I really love New Adult books dealing with fantasy, especially dealing with angels and kickass heroines It was also a complicated book in some aspects, while reading it I was always thinking about philosophy and ethics. It is really good.

The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare: I used to like the Shadow Hunters series till the 3rd book but Clare outdid herself when she wrote The Infernal Devices. I was completely obsessed with this story and Clockwork Princess has been one of the books I have cried more.




The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin: When I started reading this book I wasn´t expecting it to be a fantasy book and that is why it is in this list because there are still a lot of mysteries around it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...