Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Book Oscar Winner: Interview with L.J. Shen



Hey Everyone :)  

We have a really fun interview with The Book Oscar Winner in the category for Best Couple, L.J. Shen :) Just scroll down and check it out :)


Hi Leigh :)

Congratulations on your win and welcome to Living in Our Own Story :) Thanks a lot for sparing the time to answer a few questions for us and our readers.

LIOS:  What prompted you to write and release your first book?.
Leigh: I really wanted to write an MMA romance because at the time, there weren’t that many. That’s about it. I didn’t do any promotion or had an idea what I was doing. I just hit publish.

LIOS:  What is your inspiration for writing such incredible books?
Leigh: Thank you! I have no idea where I find my inspiration to be honest. My characters just come to me I guess. I love reading and watching movies and TV. I am constantly inspired by other people’s art.

LIOS:  When did you know you wanted to be an author?
Leigh: From when I was six probably, and learned how to read.

LIOS: How long on average does it take you to write a book?
Leigh: Between 7-8 months editing excluded.

LIOS: Who is your favorite book boyfriend?
Leigh: Jared Trent from the Fall Away Series.

LIOS:  Who is your author idol?
Leigh: There are a few. Outside the romance genre, I love Jonathan Franzen, Zadie Smith, Stephen King, Joe Hill and JK Rowling. In “our” genre: Colleen Hoover, Penelope Douglas, JA Huss, Jay Crownover, Kristen Ashley. I admire brave writers who push the envelope and go against the grain.

LIOS:  What sexy scene from your books you would like to re-enact in real life?
Leigh: Uh, all of them? I really give it my all when I write the sex scenes in my books. I try not to re-hash the last book and give every character their style of what they like in bed/what they do in bed.

LIOS: Do you remember the first book that made you cry and how old were you?
Leigh: The Promise by Danielle Steel. I guess I was…nine? I’m pretty sure I snuck that book into my room without anyone noticing.

LIOS: What’s the most difficult thing about writing characters from the opposite sex?
Leigh: Nothing. I feel like it’s easier for me to write a man than a woman. Men don’t have to be as likeable/well-mannered and spoken as women in romance books. And I’ve had the pleasure (or misfortune) to hang out with enough men in my life to know how their mind works more or less.

LIOS: What was your hardest scene to write?
Leigh: The last 20% of the book in general are the hardest for me to write.

LIOS: What can we expect from you next?
Leigh: A lot of twisty, sweet, funny, sad, emotional, detached things. Yes. All of them.

LIOS: Thank you Leigh for spending some time with us and answering our questions :) We love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...